The Daughters of St. Paul have held a presence in Charleston for over 30 years. They purchased their current location at 243 King Street on June 13, 1984 from the Siegling family.
From 1838 until the 1970s, the site was a residence as well as a work space for many different types of businesses. Most notably it housed the Siegling Music House, which was considered "America's Oldest Music House." It was also home to a curtain store, dry goods store, and a pet store.
It continues to be the main residence and store location for the Daughters in Charleston as they serve both the Lowcountry and the Diocese of Charleston.